Saturday, October 17, 2009

Coffee, rain and cats.


Today was going to be my day to get stuff done. Get up early, have a lovely cup of coffee, get the house work done, and finish my homework......
It's funny how even the small things can turn into disasters.
Since I'm cat sitting for my youngest sister, one of the first things I have to do in the morning is clean the cat litter, the cat litter was never ending today, I swear it was like the magic porridge pot of cat shit....just kept appearing and re-growing somehow. Every time I thought i was done, one of the cats would come along and hop in and do their business yet again. I was like, hey, why not just pee and crap on my scoop, save us both some time here....
My homework never happened, and just for the record I did try. I must of answered the same question about 100 times, each time more disorienting than the last, pure gibberish. Even now I couldn't tell you what the question was, let alone the answer.
My coffee making skills were put to the test today. I like to think I can make a pretty good cup of coffee, NOT today. I looked forward to finally being able to sit down and have a good cup'o'joe, but it was not in the cards for me today. I borrowed my sisters coffee grinder and some great coffee beans and was stoked to try it for my first time. I even called to double check how to use it. Seemed simple enough!! Couple scoops of beans, couple grinds and viola! Coffee!!!! Not the case. My first attempt was awful. So strong! I think a tear ran down my cheek. My second attempt was not so full of enthusiasm. Already grossed out, I was leery. So I decided not to waste the good beans and use some coffee I have in the cupboard. Everything went smoothly. Till I drank it. Pretty much as strong as the devil-coffee from before. Gack!!! I was so confused. How could I mess that up. I make it all the time. SO at this point I'm pissed. I dump the radioactive waste down the drain and start to boil some water, I have a plan, I feel like a mad scientist, I have some of that french vanilla stuff in my cupboard, its a NO-Brainer.....I get it all ready, so excited to have my drink, till I taste it. Pure sugar!!! Its disgusting, I'm sure my kids would even gag at the sweetness of it....
I'm drinking that french vanilla now. I refuse to dump it. It's like I'm drinking syrup.
I wish I had something great to report like I jogged to the tree line and did snow angels.....Today is a coffee and cat litter day.
-Big Sister.

Crazy Cat Lady Level: +10
Ruined Cups of Coffee: +3
Minutes of Homework done: +30 (none of which is legible)
Pull Ups: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment